St. Paul, Minnesota
Summit Companies is a leading provider of fire sprinkler installation and maintenance services for commercial and multi-unit properties in the upper Midwest. Summit Companies also provides a full suite of fire, life and safety services, including fire extinguisher service and inspection. Customers including contractors, building owners and property managers.
- Prospect teamed with Summit Companies' management and independent equity
investor Jeff Evrard to acquire the company in a recapitalization
of the business in July 2006.
- Summit Companies subsequently made over 20 add-on acquisitions, including:
- Minnesota Conway Fire & Safety, Inc., of St. Paul, Minn. (December, 2009)
- St. Cloud Fire Extinguisher Co., of Waite Park, Minn. (December, 2009)
- Northland Fire & Security, Inc., of Eagan, Minn. (December, 2012)
- Fire Fighter Detect Alarm, of Alexandria, Minn. (March, 2013)
- ABS Fire Equipment Co., Inc., of Ottumwa, Iowa (April, 2014)
- Advanced Fire Protection Services, Inc., of Rochester, Minn. (November, 2014)
- Badger Fire Protection & Safety Supply Co., Inc., of Madison, Wis. (March, 2015)
- Hintz Fire Equipment, Inc., of Fargo, N.D. (April, 2015)
- North Star Fire Systems Corporation, of Eau Claire, Wis. (June, 2017)
- Concept Fire Protection, LLC, of Champlin, Minn. (June, 2017)
- Prospect Partners sold Summit Companies to a financial buyer in September, 2017.
- Mr. Kenter and Mr. O'Dell served the Company as Chairman and Director, respectively.
- SIC codes: 1799 (special trade contractors); 1711 (plumbing, heating and air-conditioning); 7382 (security systems services)